9.1.2010
Because of the risk of turning this blog into lame travel diary I am hoping to fill my posts with observations I can make on living in China and the other encounters and adventures I (will) have. Forget noting the mundane normalcy of my daily rituals!
With all that aside, here’s what happened on Wednesday, the last day I plan to describe in detail what I did all day:
Because I have class very late on Wednesdays I had a late morning today. I ate lunch at the Taiwanese noodle soup place with Kevin and then headed to Fudan to sit in on my Society and Culture class. The course promises some sort of anthropological perspective of the Chinese culture we are living amongst. Because much of the subject area is a wide brush stroke of what many already know it will be interesting to see how much new information my fellow students will retain from this course. We spent our time in class discussing academic policy and then we watch the movie “to Live” which goes through the major Chinese social revolutions of the 20th century—it was actually a pretty good quality film.
After class I went to Wal Mart to buy a few more dishes for our apartment. Then we went back to our place and ate hot pot for dinner in the restaurant bellow us. Studying and procrastinating consumed the rest of my night.
Tomorrow I will be going to Shanghai’s business district—Pudong—and I will be sure to describe that experience.
Enjoy your posts in all shapes and sizes...would be interested in a Walmart comparison if it takes on a different shape and feel or Walmart is Walmart...
ReplyDelete