3-17
A combination of tired white blood cells and dogy food meant I had to take the day off. The group was planning on taking a bike ride out to see a performance by Zhang Yi Mo (the guy who designed the opening ceremony for the Olympics). One guy from Team Gucci asked me “what you can’t do the bike ride?!” My only response was:“Are you joking me?!”
I spent the day sleeping reading. In the mid afternoon and the evening I took light walks through the alleys and along the canals of Lijiang. The old city is stunningly beautiful, kept the way it must have been hundreds of years ago. It is very easy to get lost anywhere but luckily there are maps on almost every corner, the only problem is that they are written in Chinese.
The shops mostly sell modern things like sushi and souvenirs. The city caters to armies of urban Chinese and a few foreign tourists. Regardless of tackiness, the old architecture remains and there are a few ancient walking humanoids that look like they have been living in the old city since the beginning of time. In the evening some friends of mine dragged me out for a night walk to do some shopping. I wasn’t quite feeling up to it, but I tagged along for a couple of blocks.
No comments:
Post a Comment